Monday, November 19, 2007

The Final Chapter

Rodrigo and I are finished. If you peel away the symptoms and break it down into what was really the problem, I’d have to say the age difference.

When you’re in love, it is easy to focus on the good qualities in a person and ignore the things that don’t work; but only for a time.

I take comfort in the words of don Miguel Ruiz from The Four Agreements:

“If someone is not treating you with love and respect, it is a gift if they walk away from you. If that person doesn’t walk away, you will surely endure many years of suffering with him or her. Walking away may hurt for a while, but your heart will eventually heal. Then you can choose what you really want.”

That being said, this blog is at an end and will be deleted soon. At some point I’ll probably start another, when my head and my heart heal.

For those of you who have been with us through this process, thank you for your kind words of support.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I only just discovered this blog today and now you are closing - very wierd. I am a gay trumpet player and was searching for information on Doc Severinsen being gay. Your site was one of the first results. I have always assumed Doc was a gay man but in the jazz and trumpet world these things cannot be talked about. Thank you for your writings and good luck with your future endeavors.