Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Election

A couple of firsts;

The first time I’ve ever been glued to the television watching election returns.

The first time I’ve ever voted for someone younger than I am.

I had a dream last night, after the election, that I was asked by Obama to be a political advisor. I wasn’t certain, in my dream, what advice I might be qualified to offer, other than how to make a good salad dressing. But I accepted and was very excited at the prospect of dispensing my opinions in the west wing.

I’d come out of retirement for that job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was an incredible night, a night I'll always remember. Lyle and I just both sat here in front of our t.v. in tears. Of course, to find out the next day that a majority of California voters approved prop H8 made me sick to my stomach. But it's not over til its over and the only constant is change, and if Obama's victory teaches us anything its that bigotry and prejudice can be overcome.
Cheers.

Kym said...

I don't know anybody who was apathetic here. I cried first with joy that Obama won then with rage that prop 8 passed.