Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Yale University Band Concert

When Rod asked me, “What kind of band is it?” I responded, “Well, it’s a band, not an orchestra so it’s like “Bring It On” kind of music. (Or so I assumed.)

The Yale University Band was all in black tie. Rod endured, I enjoyed.

Picture this:

In front of this (on a warm spring evening):

I guess it is a "band" instead of an "orchestra" because there are no string instruments.

It was a wonderful (free) concert. And while I was a little dissapointed that there were not more Mexicans in attendance (probably less than 2%), I was delighted when they brought out the local Mariachis to play for the band at the end.

And I have to admit, the Mariachis probably got a bigger round of applause than the Yale University Band.

1 comment:

Kym said...

That sounds like a magical if somewhat strange mix of cultures.