Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Re-Occurring Dream

In my dream, I’m still working at Providian and I’m trying to find someone to fire me. I know that I have a country home in Mexico and I want to go back. I wander the halls looking for someone of authority, to tell me that my assignment has ended and my services are no longer needed. But office after office is empty.

I ask the few other people that I see, “Do you know where so-and-so is? Or maybe so-and-so?”

“He’s gone,” or “She’s gone.”

I begin to panic. I’m going to be stuck in this cubicle jungle forever. I look out the window. The building overlooks the airport and planes are leaving. I want to be on one.

Will someone please fire me!

Then I wake up and all is good.

1 comment:

Steffi Silva said...

you are looking for something that is missing, maybe. closure? not sure.