Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mexican Friends

(Something that is floating around the internet.)

FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Are the reason you have food.
. . .
FRIENDS: Will say 'hello.'
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Will give you a big hug and a kiss.
. . .
FRIENDS: Call your parents Mr. and Mrs.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Call your parents mom and dad.
. . .
FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Cry with you.
. . .
FRIENDS: Will eat at your dinner table and leave.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Will spend hours there, talking, laughing and just being together and then take a plate to go.
. . .
FRIENDS: Borrow your stuff for a few days then give it back.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Keep your stuff so long they forget it's yours.
. . ..
FRIENDS: Know a few things about you.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Could write a book with direct quotes from you.
. . .
FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that's what the crowd is doing.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Will kick the whole crowds' ass that left you.
. . .
FRIENDS: Would knock on your door.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Walk right in and say, 'Hey, I'm here!'
. . .
FRIENDS: Are for a while.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Are for life.
. . .
FRIENDS: Pretend it is OK when you are being a pest.
MEXICAN FRIENDS: Tell you, 'ay, como chingas !!!! (Kind of like, “Enough already! Quit whinning!!!!”)

4 comments:

Kym said...

The one time I got to visit Mexico, we rode on the plane with cold strangers until we landed then suddenly all the Hispanics on the plane turned into friends (This magic did not extend to the Norte Americano's like us) Suddenly there were women clucking over my two little guys (age 2 and 4), people helped us get out of the plane and entertained our kids, and helped us figure out where to go. I fell in love with a whole culture right then.

Anonymous said...

I totally agreed. Mexico has the most enthusiastic culture.... I LOVE YOU MEXICO...VIVA MEXICO

Hal said...

Hey Charles!
I’m Hal from México and I never had read before something like this. It really captures the soul of my country… my people. I live in Queretaro City and I hope one day you would to come in and how we say: “Viva México cabrones”
Have a nice day brother
Hal

Hal said...

Hey Charles!
I’m Hal from México and I never had read before something like this. It really captures the soul of my country… my people. I live in Queretaro City and I hope one day you would to come in and how we say: “Viva México cabrones”
Have a nice day brother
Hal