Thursday, August 24, 2006

Casita de los Perros






Introducing Casita de los Perros; the mother of all dog houses (kind of).

When one marries a veterinarian who is also a breeder and handler of show dogs, one has to adjust. Especially one who has not had a pet in over 20 years.

So to preserve my sanity and keep the peace on the home front, I embarked on a project to build a space for five of our six dogs (Evita, the rescue dog, gets to stay in the house) on a far corner of the property. Since I was pouring a foundation I thought, what the heck, build on a little more to provide a planting area for seedlings and a place to house the potted plants during the winter months.

I also kept in mind that someone who does not need dog runs may one day buy this property so whatever we build should be convertible to a guest house with just a little work.

We went a little over budget but what the heck. (Click on the images to see them larger.)

No comments: